I Do Not Consent to Be Dominated


 I Do Not Consent to Be Dominated


I told her: “I do not consent to be dominated.”


She told me she is automatically a Domme regardless, and that any proximity to her is deemed consent. Her house rule.


That is the entire conflict in two sentences.


The Dungeon Mistress of my regular gaming group is, in real life, a Dungeon Mistress in the BDSM sense as well. Light, playful psychosexual banter at the table can be fun when everyone is treating it as theatre. It stops being fun the moment it becomes heavy, personal, and starts twanging attachment circuits. At that point the game has left the realm of shared story and entered a bondage function, whether anyone admits it or not.


I stated the boundary once, clearly. That should have been enough. In any functional BDSM framework the phrase “safe, sane and consensual” exists for exactly this reason. Consent is not a one-time mood. It is ongoing, revocable, and specific. When one party declares the other’s explicit refusal irrelevant, the dynamic has already left negotiated power exchange and entered coercion.


She framed proximity itself as consent. That is not a house rule. It is a unilateral redefinition of consent after the fact. It places her self-image as Domme above another person’s stated limits. The rest of the table appear content in consensual submissive roles relative to her. That is their choice. It creates no obligation for me to join them.


What followed was predictable once the boundary had been rejected. Criticism of my play-style appeared. Claims that I was useless at a game I have played my entire childhood and adult life across many tables and styles. Character death under overwhelming odds, resolved by a clunky Deus Ex Machina. A week-long private argument that began on an academic topic and rapidly became grinding pressure: assumptions treated as absolute, attempts to force cognitive concessions, the classic move of trying to undermine the other person’s foundations so they can be rebuilt in a more compliant shape. I recognised the pattern. I have seen it too many times; from trolls and from people I walked away from years ago. I do not play that game.


The surface topic of the argument was never the real contest. The real contest was whether I would accept a subordinate position after I had already refused it. When I realised that “winning” would require reinforcing premises that did not make sense to me, and that the pressure was designed to produce exactly the breakdown that would make someone easier to reshape, I stepped back. I explained, politely, that the intensity had gone too far. I have not spoken with her since.


Love without reciprocity is obsession. Stimulating attachment and then playing yo-yo with it is about control. The Lovers card flips into the Devil card with uncomfortable ease. Trauma-bonding (Stockholm dynamics) is a side-effect of this style of domination; it is often the intended mechanism for depth and permanence. I understand she may have been doing what she knows in order to keep a group bonded. That does not make the method legitimate once consent has been withdrawn.


It is always possible to claim the person naming the dynamic is simply overthinking, projecting, or broken. That claim itself is useful to the dynamic. It is socially easier to pathologise the one who refuses than to examine the one who declared consent optional. I am not required to accept that framing.


I am not a submissive. Attempts to break someone into that role after they have explicitly refused it are not “keeping the community together.” They are the thing I named. Long-running tables become intimate. That intimacy does not grant ownership of another player’s nervous system or self-definition.


The cynical Paladin in me has one move when the subtext is being denied: expose it and let the chips fall. Consent withdrawn is consent withdrawn. Continued pressure after that point is not negotiation. It is the refusal to hear the word "no", to recognise its validity as an absolute.


I walked away. 


That is the correct response.






Gamifying I Do Not Consent To Be Dominated